Field Of Membership
The Morgantown AES Federal Credit Union was chartered by the National Credit Union Administration on December 9, 1955. The “AES” denotes “Appalachian Experimental Station”, which was the name of the sponsoring agency at the time. The Credit Union is owned entirely by its own members and is operated by and for them exclusively.
The field of membership is limited to:
- Employees of the US Government who work in, or have headquarters in, Monongalia County, West Virginia, except those persons who are eligible for local Credit Union service due to their employment.
- Employees of the Credit Union.
- Employees of contractors who work regularly at US Government facilities in Monongalia County, West Virginia.
- Employees and members of Monongalia County Board of Education in Monongalia County, West Virginia.
- Employees of Glenmark Associates who work in Monongalia County, West Virginia.
- Employees of PACE TEC.
- Employees of Mylan Pharmaceuticals, Incorporated.
- Employees of Davis-Lynch Glass Company.
- Employees of IBEW Local 596 Union.
- Spouses of persons who dies while within the field of membership of this Credit Union.
- Persons retired as pensioners or annuitants from the above employment.
- Members of the immediate families of any of the employees listed above (including relatives by blood, marriage, foster or adopted children); and
- Organizations composed of such persons.
MAES Federal Credit Union recognizes that once a person becomes a member, they may always be a member.